There was a time when the solids ruled the roost for almost all hunting in Africa. That had a lot to do with the crumpling reputation of the cup and core softs which were the only game in town.

Those days have long since past us by. However there are still countless people involved in this business that cannot get beyond what was the history of the manufacturing designs of the old soft point bullets. I sometimes wonder what it took to get some of these folks to switch from Black powder muzzle loaders to a center fire rifle?

Today the bonded bullets are gaining the respect of most experienced PH's and outfitters, I strongly suggest them or the TSX to all my hunters. The future is the monolithic bullets that have no lead. They are very much like a semi mushrooming solid.

The TSX has provided the greatest consistency and deepest penetration of any bullet ever used on the 1000's of animals we have taken through our camps. I cannot see any reason to use anything else on all but the biggest thick skinned game. There is simply no reason for the soft first, then solid theory of old. Just stack the magazine with TSX bullets and you have both on every shot.

As far as the weight when speaking for the 375, With about well over 50 buffalo taken with them now in the last several years, the 270's have been the better choice. The 300's work great, but the additional 300fps for the 270's trumps the 30 grains advantage of the 300's. The penetration is usually better with the 270's, and they open more complete. There is something to be said for that extra 300fps with that 270gr chunk of solid copper.

I remember presenting this at a public seminar. There happened to be a fella from Barnes company in the audience. He was introduced to me after the presentation and said that The Barnes company had also come to the same conclusion now. The 270gr was actually a better over all performer in the 375HH then the 300gr is on Buffalo and Eland size game.

I've never shot a more accurate bullet in my 375 then the 270 TSX either. At 2830fps this bullet will penetrate as well as a solid, but open up to a larger diameter and continue to push through anything in it's path.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)