Any work done by the repair center that was not covered by warranty, to be paid by Sako, would need to have your approval before they went ahead with the work. If you are saying that you are upset because they are charging you for work performed, you would have had to give them the okay to do so in the first place. If you are saying you are upset that they didn't perform the work for free or you want them to perform the work for free, then why should they if it is out of warranty??

I thought your post indicated that your repairs were out of warranty and that the repair center gave you an option for an out of warranty repair and further needed your decision if they were to perform the work. Did they perform the work or not? If you feel like it should be covered under warranty, then explain your argument so that you can be given proper advice to pursue that course.

Bottom line, it costs too much money to ship firearms overseas for repair at the manufacturer and therefore Sako must have local authorized repair centers. No one can tell you over the phone based on just a conversation that such a firearm is damaged under warranty, it must go to the authorized repair center to be evaluated. In your case it sounds like this was done and you were told that you were out of warranty. If that's where it stands then maybe you can come up with valid arguments to change this decision. If you cannot, then this point is now moot and you need to move on. If it is indeed out of warranty but the repair center can offer a valid fix for a fair price, then I'd give it a go being it is now there.

This is the pitfall with buying used firearms that are now out of warranty. It is often a gamble, sometimes it is a great deal, other times you're getting someone else's problem.

Good Luck:)

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood