Going back to OT.

That wood on your 22-250 is just really nice on the buttstock.

I always wondered why many of the #1s ended up with such nice wood for a production gun.
Then you move onto the 77, and I've rarely seen a figured piece of wood on one of those.
I appreciate that move as it only makes the #1 a better looking gun. But it never really was reflected in the pricing of them. At least not in my take.

There is a guy in our town that will die with every gun he ever bought. He is far ahead of me and by now my honest guess is that he is just barely into 4 digits of guns.

He has this #1 in 375 H& H I've tried every which way to buy. It SHOOTS, and its got a great piece of wood on it. Its a shame but maybe when he dies I'll be able to get it. The worst part of it is, he never takes any of his guns out and shoots em.

I'm envious of your #1 collection there, don't care for the full stocked versions even on bolt guns, but to each their own on that.

On a last side note, I simply never have been much for wood and blue on bolt guns. Bolt guns were always to be all weather tools that simply worked, but beauty was not a goal or requirement. The #1 is an exception there and if ever finish upgrading my bolts and finish my last list of AR type firearms/uppers, I may well have to go on a used #1 run for grins. That gun simply looks right to me. Of course you'd have to excuse me because I have weird caliber desires... that 375 HH, 22 hornet(or is that only in a 3?) 7x57 are a couple of em.

Maybe that'll be your talk from me tonight OT.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....