Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by AJD
BT-nice looking #1's.

I've never been that "lucky" with the wood. Perhaps some day. In the meantime I'll enjoy the "ones" I have.
Mine was strictly luck of the draw. Freedumb1, on the other hand, seems to possess a sixth sense for locating highly figured No. 1s.

Bricktop,

I especially like that RSI 7x57. Beautiful rifle, great classic caliber, and capable of dropping what you shoot with it as you have shown.

I don't have a sixth sense, I'm just one picky bastid who is not afraid to spend a little extra to get the one I like. I glean such enjoyment out of ownership, maintenance, and target shooting beautifuil weapons.

Ruger No.1's for me are like playing the lottery, even though I have never purchased a ticket, I am scoping those bad boys out every second that I am traveling the midwest hitting local gun shops, gun shows etc. I have bought a couple from guys/gals here on the 'fire also.

What has always drawn me to Rugers are therir exceptional customer service. I will not go into boring detail, or rat out any recent sellers, but the last Red Label I purchased showed up to my FFL with the forearm cracked in half, mad and some minor cracks around the tang. Probably no fault of the sellers. wink I send the shotgun to Ruger with a note seeing if they will put a new forearm on the gun. I get a call saying the buttstock also has some issues and they need to replace both. I was not a happy camper because the buttstock was the reason I purchased said shotgun. They said they would see what they could do, but no promises.

2 weeks later, my shotgun shows up with new wood, replaced firing pins, and several other small parts. My total cost? Zero. (My loyalty)

I wish all company's took customer service as serious as Ruger.

What do you think?

Shottie on the right.

[Linked Image]

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.