I think that you can see that I'm a Bark River fan. I've supported them in the best way possible by buying a bunch of them and will be buying more.

I do however think it's only honest to describe them as accurately as possible. They in general have good but not great workmanship and occasionally they let a few out of the shop that IMHO they shouldn't have. Make no mistake, Mike Stewart is a stand-up honorable guy, I know this first hand. Bark River will generally bend over backwards to make something right as will Knivesshipfree for that matter. But as a prospective buyer buying a knife that can cost a few hundred dollars it's easy to get your expectations leaning towards perfection whether that's realistic or not.

I honestly think that there are a couple other brands of knives in the same price range that are made better than Bark Rivers. I DON'T think that there are any other knifes in the same price range that PERFORM better. If what you are most interested in is a perfectly made art knife Barkie's might not be your favorites. If you want a highest performing in actual use knife Barkies will be up there for you.

Anyway that's my 2cents, I hope it doesn't offend anyone..........DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................