Originally Posted by djpaintless
That is very interesting. On knife forums you hear about Mike's special heat treat etc. and know I know he does none do it! :-)

Well,in his defense, just because he does not do it in house, does not prevent him from dictating the way he wants it done wink

Also, if you actually read his posts he freely admits that he leaves the heat treatment up to skill professionals.

It's the fanboys on that site (the ones that call him that call "Maestro" etc) who get a little carried away telling their stories in the knife forums "treehouse" LOL.

Really, Mike is pretty forthcoming about how he builds his knives. Everything I posted came straight from conversations I have had with him over the last 7 or 8 years.

One new wrinkle they have added is pre- CNC milling handle slabs on some complex contoured handle fixed blades like the Bravos etc as well as the screw on slabs like the neck knives.

Last edited by jim62; 01/13/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt