Originally Posted by deputy30
Does Bark River make any handles of out Kraton or other tacky rubber material for better grip when wet? ..

By the way, thanks to Jim62 for the link on how to sharpen convex blades. Before I started reading about knives, I had no idea there were different grinds on knives and I started to get confused. The video on sharpening convex grinds helped greatly.

D,

First, as to the traction issue- as DJ said, the Canvas Micarta is nice and grippy when it is rough sanded. Bark River is now offering a Matte option blade and handle finish. The blade grind is still polished, but the balance of the blade and handle are a matte sandblast finish. It looks great and improves the traction of both Micarta and G-10 scales. A Green or Black Canvas Micarta in matte finish would be about ideal for a working knife handle.

As to the Convex blade video link, you are most welcome!
I do encourage you and anyone else here who likes those vids to go to knivesshipfree.com and send them an email to thank them.

Derrick Bon who owns that site is a very staunch supporter of Bark River and a lot of other quality knife brands/makers. His wife Wendy was just diagnosed with a brain tumor a few weeks ago. She was the office manager and his right arm. While she is in treatment the next few months I am sure those folks will appreciate all the support they can get during this time. A kind word via email would be great.

The world needs more knife dealers like knivesshipfree IMHO. They are not perfect, but they do their best. And Bark River Knife and Tool would a less successful company without their support during the last 5 years.

Last edited by jim62; 01/09/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt