Originally Posted by deputy30
jim,

Can you explain the difference between the canvas micarta matte and the G10 matte? My problem is I have a hard enough time deciding what knife to buy when spending this kind of money. Throw in the fact that I am trying to decide by looking at pictures only just makes it harder.

Thanks

It's really all about the fabric weave.

Most G-10s are rather finely woven fiberglass cloth layers. About the same size weaver as linen based Micarta. The Canvas Micarta on the other hand has a more open weave which is a bit nubby even when polished and waxed. With a rough sanded or blasted finished Canvas Micarta is the "grippiest" of the synthetic materials and is very popular for Combat/hard use knives..

I think you will be very pleased with a matte finished Micarta handle. About the only downside to the Canvas Micarta is the color ranges are rather limited. Bark River only usually stocks 3 to 4 colors of Canavas Micarta.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt