The more I look at the Bark Rivers, the more I like them. The two cons of the Fallkniven H1 (the lack of a finger guard and the thickness of the blade, which is .2 in and some people say is too thick) can be addressed by some of the Bark River models. The pros of the H1 (price, it is cheaper the BR, and the material of the handle) aren't as critical when compared to the canvas micarta material. Which leads me to my first question. What does the matte finish do to the knife? Does it give the whole knife a dull finish or does it apply to only the handle? If it applies to only the handle, what is its purpose? Also, is the matte finish a fairly new option as I am having a hard time finding any with it?
Second question is an opinion question. BR makes so many models it is tough to pick one. I will be using my new knife for skinning and cutting up mostly deer. I have narrowed down the field to the Lite Hunter and the Highland Special. Would one of those knives serve me well or would you have another recomendation?

Thanks