Originally Posted by JPro
I did a little home-workout yesterday morning and am feeling the effects today. Over the last year tendonitis kept showing up and causing me to have to stop any weight lifting or strength training. I'm pretty sure it was my failure to recognize that I now must be really warmed up before lifting anything heavy. 33 is not old, but it is a bit different from 23. I am pretty sure that weighted chin-ups were the main culprit. Anyway, I did the following circuit 3 times yesterday in the living room, using some kettlebells and a "Perfect Pullup" doorframe-mounted bar that somebody gave to me:

Pushups with various hand positions
Single leg semi-stiff legged deadlifts with kettlebell
45-degree bodyweight back row, using pullup bar in low position
Standing kettlebell shoulder press
Single leg pistol squats, holding pullup bar to "cheat" a bit
Lying ab crunches with a kettlebell held overhead
Kettlebell hip swings

I rested about 30 seconds between movements and about 2-3 minutes between rounds, so it was maybe 30 minutes after warming up a bit. The "Pefect Pullup" device is actually pretty solid and useful. It felt like a pretty good workout for such a short timeframe and I was soaking wet by the midpoint. Amazing how "blah" you feel when you aren't getting any exercise, even if you are eating reasonably clean.

Right now I'm kind of glad to have that handicap rail next to the toilet in my office bathroom! grin

If you did all that coming from a sedentary lifestyle you got your just desserts. Ifn' you're gonna be stupid, you've gotta be tough. Keep it up and you'll have tendonitis/arthritis for sure. You've gotta ease into this stuff. A workout today that precludes being able to work out tommorrow is counterproductive. Crossfit, scaled to the "Pack" level, works for me and I'm 52.