Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by hatari
All good questions, but even without the bench shirt the dude is obviously strong.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by hatari
I worked out with Bill Kazmaier when I was in college and he owned a gym in Auburn. ...
... Got good advice on many levels from Kaz, including "there is no need for you to ever do single max reps if you are not a competitive powerlifter. I do this for a living, while everyone else in the gym does it for ego. Save your joints."

That guy is great. Loved watching him compete on World's Strongest Man. He was a BEAST. Excellent advice too. Really cool that you got to workout with him.

Kaz was great to be around. Genuine and without a massive ego as long as you were the same. He hated gym jerks and show offs. Had great stories about competing in th Scottish Highland Games and his try out with the Packers.

Week 1 as a nose tackle - he blew the center into the backfield 7 yards on every play.

Week 2 - they introduced trap blocking. Uh oh! He honestly told me that they kept him around longer than he deserved because of his strength while guys with real football skills needed the reps. How's that for no ego?

I looked around to find a list of Kaz's workouts, and this is prety much as I remember it:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/bill-kazmaier-training-routine/

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo