Jayco: To a lot of older guys like yourself,who understand this stuff and have a whole lot of experience killing animals, this may seem sort of basic and rudimentary. smile

But personally I can tell by a lot of the questions and comments on here, by the younger guys, or even the guys without your level of experience,that there are a lot of questions and mysteries to them about what bullets do,why they kill,and how they do it.If there wasn't, you wouldn't have so many "This or That" threads. eek

I agree with your comments about the variables involved (I think I commented on them myself),but it sure doesn't hurt to have it illustrated to them in plain language and in terms that are easy for them to understand.As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.And I think it also helps illustrate that,just because an animal "died",does not mean it's the end of the conversation....because it might not happen exactly the same way the next time, if you pick the wrong bullet.

Yeah the Internet has changed things.....but this really is not much different than what we learned from guys like Hagel and others 3 decades ago,and confirmed by shooting animals ourselves.......just a different means of communication. wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.