SAKO,

Oh, I agree that TTSX's expand more reliably and a little wider than TSX's, which is why I've switched to plastic-tipped monolithics like the TTSX, E-Tip, etc., when I decide to use that sort of bullet anymore.

But the TTSX still doesn't make a bigger hole than a TSX of the same size that expands completely. There's a limit on how much damage a monolithic bullet will do when they don't shed any weight. Velocity has some effect, but as much in bullets that lose some weight.

The same thing can be said to a certain extent of Berger VLD's. I haven't seen all that much difference in the huge amount of damage they do at normal hunting ranges, whether the animal is under 100 yards away or 400, regardless of whether the bulleyt is driven at 2700 or 3200 fps. They all make a BIG hole in the innards. Now, beyond 400 the amount of interior damage drops off a little, but not nearly as much as with a harder bullet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck