The discussion you and MD are having is precisely why I stick with Partitions when MV's are below 2700 and calibers under say 33(or Hornady Interlock in my 06 ONLY). Last month I shot an Axis with a 100gr TTSX out of a 257 Weatherby at 3700 fps and about 125 and the exit hole clear expansion, internals were jellied and the kill instantaneous. Then again I obtained similar results from the 100gr Interlock only exit holes were few and far between and no doubt their rapid expansion/disintegration often-times results in quicker kills. Same for the 7WBY, and 300 WBY and H&H mags.

Still, I made my decision to switch to TTSXs in all my calibers except on those occassions where the use of Premium cup and core are a sounder choice, like for leopards for instance. In my double I stuck with Woodleighs but have since switched to the CEB Monos. The other reason I switched is because at least in my experience, T/TTSXs have been the most consistenly accurate bullets I've ever used across all my rifles.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”