Like Maddog I used to participate in AR regularly as I was planning a safari; likely the best place on the 'net for such. There are members there who have made a number of trips and are a great repository of experience on travel, customs, and booking/PH recommendations.

Saeed seems to like Americans, but not our government. It would seem that in any political season there are ample numbers in this country who feel the same. And, yes, he has been quite generous in friendly contributions for our men in uniform. In the early years of the Iraq conflict an AR member was throwing a farewell sendoff for a squad of soldiers; I couldn't contribute much but sent off a meager check. The member sent out a "thank you" email to all that contributed and Saeed was on the list. Shortly thereafter there was an AR -bashing thread here involving people who bitched about Saeed and hence left AR. Interesingly, none of the bitchers here contributed while at AR as had Saeed and others.

As to moderators: AR has no advertising and no interest in running up post counts to enhance advertising revenue. Hence fools aren't tolerated quite as much.

Having said all that, I prefer this place as there is so much variety in content and characters. Just wanted to set the record straight as I see it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell