RD,

I appreciate the clarification. Would you feel comfortable confirming that the 3-15x42 is made in the Classic factory with Chris?

In the end, as long as the scopes perform that is all that matters. But when we say that the 3-15x42 is made in the HD plant, everyone assumes it has HD glass. This just adds to the confusion, speculation, and unfortunate comparison to other scopes with HD. I think this just takes away from a great scope.

SWFA has said that this is not the case... it is not HD but its still a great scope. Other people here and elsewhere have stated that the 3-15x out-resolves the 3-9x which is supposed to be HD. I don't know this from firsthand since I don't have a 3-9x but the other posters have proven to be reliable and credible.

What I don't want to do is put SWFA or those that helped with the SS scopes on the spot and ask for "what is the name of the factory". I think that simply stating that the 3-15x is based on the Classic chassis and made in the same plant clears the matter up, if that is the case as I believe. They have stated so in the past so I don't think its a big deal for them. But since Chris is your friend it would be nice to get the confirmation from him.

I think the 3-15x is a killer scope no matter where its made, but I don't expect it to be HD or made in the same plant as the HD plants scopes. I just wish I ordered 2 or 3 on Black Friday instead of 1!

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 12/31/13. Reason: typos