Originally Posted by Boxer
'6,

16x has less than zero interest,as the modest jump from 10x to 12x hurts in the light gathering and optical splendor departments. I've various other Makes of fixed 16x glass and am largely done with them,though I reckon there will always be a Retrostalgic soft spot for the MK4 M1 16x.

10x has long been my fixed magnification Utility ceiling and that constant will be static for many moons...if only because suffering glass beyond same,reiterates just that.(grin)

+1.

I have the SS 16x and while mechanically very good, the glass leaves much to be desired for general use. I now keep it in a PEPR mount and use it on my ARs for load development and long range play on steel from very controlled conditions. For anything else, the eye box is too unforgiving and there is way too much glare. if I were doing it again, I would go with the 3-15 or the 10x HD for general use.

I have the Bushnell LRHS which is superior to my 16x SS in every aspect, and I don't mean by just a little bit. Also have a Vortex 4-16x HS-T which is a significant upgrade from the 16x SS. It will stay in the stable provided it continues to be mechanically sound. So far, tracking and RTZ have been reliably spot on. Will continue to monitor the HS-T mechanics�

Due to the LRHS's characteristics, it is at the top of the line up for every day use on my Stiller. The HS-T will stick around for a spare.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14