Parallax adjustment can be moot or a blessing and them particulars depend upon several things. Firstly,is the magnification and in broad brush strokes,anything greater than 10X is gonna NEED parallax adjustment. Secondly,is the application of the glass.

None of the 10X Fixed [bleep] come without parallax adjustment,so you've options as a default. You can get that adjustment in (2) locations,as per your whim and dat's either forward of the ocular in a regular zoom ring's typical location,or as a side focus knob. Now I've got lotsa scopes(actually more than that) and personally rather like the zoom ring locale of the parallax adjustment on the 6X and 10X Fixed [bleep] . Much of that due to the lesser footprint and the balance due the fact,that modest X's require modest corrections as a worst case scenario. As X's increase,you'll become more and more glued to parallax adjustment,no matter it's locale,as it's da' nature of da' Beast. This of course assuming your pursuit(s),involve more than a single engagement distance.

So the X's,the application and engagement distances is what's gonna determine how often you finger [bleep] parallax adjustment. Now as Killing goes,I simply set parallax akin to how the Makers default a non-parallax adjustable glass,less serious concession. Dat's the nice thing about the zoom selector parallax location,as you can literally set it and forget it. Now were I in a Tourney gunning Hummingbird lips at the 10yd line with the 10x Fixed [bleep],I'd be at ease in the modest parallax adjustment it'd take,to afford winning the works.(grin)

Cheekweld is oft discounted in contending parallax and will bear lotsa fruit with boring regularity. Hint.

Soooooooo in summation,you cain't get a 10X Fixed [bleep] without parallax adjustment and it's locale preference is gonna be a function of your wants/needs. I've got lotsa glass wearing both side focus and adjustable objectives,but REALLY like the adjustment at the zoom selector's location.

The more you know whatcha' like and why,the better you can help yourself with the choice. I am not a scope fiddle [bleep],as my tag(s) have long been punched,while others are still dicking around with schit and trying to acquire a victim in their glass.(grin) Have seen me do it...and often.

Less is more.

Hint.

(Addendum: Just took a coupla pics)

Towards starboard is 10 Meters,to port is Infinity. Total travel from lock to lock is a kchunt hair shy of 1/4 evolution.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]