Boxer,
Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but are you just experimenting with the SS scopes, or are you replacing your Leupolds?

I think I read in one of your posts that you were a big fan of the 6X Leupolds. Are you keeping those for hunting and just using these as target scopes, or do you plan on packing the extra weight of the SS hunting?

You mentioned you are getting away from variables. Are you just being careful or have you had problems with them?
Thank you.

For those of hunting the SS scopes, are the turrets getting moved on you when you don't intend them to? I hunted a scope with an exposed elevation turret and hated it. It got moved on my pack, in alders, coming out of the case, etc.

My favorite hunting scopes are the Leupold 3-9, 2.8-8, and 3.5-10. I have been thinking of trying an SS just to see what everyone is talking about. My main concern is what all that weight will do to a hunting rifle that is under 7 naked. Then I worry about the turrets moving, then I worry (considering the SS 3-9 and 3-15) if the FF plane reticle is too small at low power in dim light and if it covers too much of the target at high magnification.

Would someone who has hunted, not just shot at the range, with these scopes mind sharing their thoughts on those issues?

One more thing, the SS are super reliable, so why use the fixed over the 3-9?

Thanks again.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221