I love the internets. You guys crack me up. The guy asks about shooting Sierra HPBT into elk and he get two pages of blah back guys with no experience shooting said pill into said critter.

I make a wise ass reply back to a fellow Wyoming hunter about my profound love for a certain Nosler product and the fan boys come a running. This earns the OP another page. Sorry boys, if your bullet cant get inside the rib cage of a calf elk, it goes into my junk category and doesn't get a second chance.

Another poster commented on ten or 20 elk. I agree with this. We average 10-12 elk a year from our camp with 90%+ being taken with that lowly Sierra bullet. My friends three kids have caused me years of back pain shooting Sierra's out of a lowly .308. The punks have grown up and graduated to 30-06 and .338's but they are still causing me yearly back pain.

They are cheap, accurate and they work. So will many other bullets. The list is long. As others have stated, placement is more important than stamps on brass or brand names on boxes.

OP.... take that rifle loaded with said pills and place one into a bulls boiler room. I suggest you do this three or more miles from the truck. This will show you how they work and teach you all about a host of other silly schit you should have been worrying about.

P.S. Accubombs still suck.

I suggest the OP start a thread concerning Bergers and elk. This will result in a 10+ page promised land of internet experts commenting who have no actual experience using them in the big brown critters. smile

Last edited by wyoelk; 02/12/14.