Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
An Airweight J frame is very, very hard to top for a pocket gun. Either a hammerless, such as the 442/642 or a Bodyguard, shrouded hammer version.

I carry one as a second gun every day at work and talk to a lot of turds with my in my pocket, all casual like, until I determine if they are a potential threat or not...

I agree, it's hard to beat the 442/642 guns for BUG/pocket carry in a "generous" front pocket such as BDU's or other duty pants. I know a LOT of experienced coppers who have a 442 in their front pocket 99% of the time, and their "interview" stance when conversing with unsavory characters is the same as yours.

I got into the habit of carrying my 442 in my left front pocket and training with it shooting left-hand only, for a bunch of reasons that may or may not be valid.

One thing about the J-frames a lot of folks don't pay enough attention to, IMHO, is that they're not easy to shoot accurately unless you train regularly. Adding a Crimson Trace grip laser helps, but you still have to train. The laser increases my combat accuracy distance to 35-40 yards.

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
My 442 is one of my 5 "must have", basic handgun battery guns.

That's interesting. I'd be curious to ask what the other 4 might be?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars