Originally Posted by Raeford
I'm definitely no gun aficionado and am looking for a totally concealed pistol. When I carry on my belt it is a Glock 21. Everything else I own are antiqish revolvers.
My wife and son already have/carry LCP's and I would like something different to add and carry without breaking my bank.

Suggestions?
Thanks

My choice, would be to get a nice model 60 J-frame, I prefer an all stainless vs the lightweight versions. Have a good smith clean it up and smooth out the trigger, and then shoot it regularly until the wheels fall off, which should be quite a ways down the road. A speer 38 short barrel load will work wonderfully. I've carried the same J-frame professionally for conceal carry duties since S&W converted the frame to handle 357mag back in '96, IIRC. Its now gone on to see 18 years of service, just had the armorer break it down to inspect, no parts were in need of replacement, and it is back in service. I routinely maintain max qualification scores with this revolver, it is not difficult getting a great trigger out of the factory S&W, and it is not difficult learning to shoot a J-frame well, with a good trigger and when using good technique.

Though the J-frame cylinder at its widest point is often wider than many pocket pistols, the remainder of the revolver is rather trim, and its shape easily and comfortably fits close to the body in numerous locations where such handgun would be carried. I am particular about grips on such handgun. With the proper grips, the J-frame is easy to manage, it tends to naturally point on target when at close range, it is uber reliable with minimum maintenance, and it will work equally well as a farm tool when badly abused, as it does when worn under a business suit and kept clean and well oiled. Very claw hammer tough and reliable while being refined enough to operate smoothly.

Not everyone likes revolvers, but quite a few within my circle, having a good deal of experience with modern combat handguns, still prefer to carry a simple J-frame as a pocket/concealed carry handgun. It's a good option to consider.

Good luck with your choice,
Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood