Originally Posted by SansSouci
Raeford,

I do not like so-called pocket pistols. But that's merely my opinion. The reason is a handgun should be used as a last resort to get one out of a deadly situation. Were somebody hellbent on reducing me to room temperature, I'd want the best handgun I can afford chambered for a cartridge that can get the job done.

It might be a good idea to keep in mind that bad guys do bad things in groups. It might be wise to consider that you might have to confront two or more bad guys who have bad intentions.

I have a Model 60. I consider the .38 Special as absolute minimum for saving my life, and at that, it's a neck and up gun. The problem is bad guys don't stand still while they're shooting at good guys. And good guys ought not stand still so as to give bad guys stationary targets. If I had it to do again, I would not have bought my Model 60. 5 rounds of what I consider a minimum self-defense cartridge and too long to put five more in ain't my idea of a gun that I'd want to rely upon to save my life.

My preferred gun, when I do carry one, which is extremely rare, is a P-229 with 13 180 grain LE rounds. I'd prefer a Model 1911A1 in .45ACP, but there is tactical advantage to not having to reload while bad guys are shooting at good guys.

BTW, it ain't hard to conceal a P-229. And it ain't that hard to conceal a full-size 1911A1.

Keep in mind that the gun you choose might be the one that allows you to remain above ground. If you think a pocket pistol is up to that task, then I wish you luck with your choice.

^^^^

This guy gets dumber by the fuggin' minute.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house