Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by smarquez
We did the same to pick a color except we drove around with the painter and he showed us houses HE painted. We got exactly what we wanted.

That's smart! I took my guy to 4 houses and showed him what I liked and he said "no problem"

He didn't tell us until after the fact that he didn't use the same color for the stucco than he did for the house. He said it would have cost us 25% more which would have been worth it to have my house match. I told him I didn't like the trim color within 10 feet of my trim being painted and when I got back home he didn't stop, he just continued painting the house trim with it and it's this horrible baby poop color

Pics coming now....

Not horrible from far away
[Linked Image]

But them you get closer and see it doesn't match.....
[Linked Image]

I can't stand that he didn't color match the stucco to the rest of the house and I absolutely hate that trim color

I could live with it if my house were the color of the stucco but the siding that is the majority of my house now has a bronze/caramel tint that I hate. The trim is just hideous

Call him back offer to pay the difference to fix the siding color. If he refuses get another painter and get it done right. Personally I know a lot of painters and this guy sounds like an idiot, Unfortunately since you already paid him you have little recourse.