Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I'm in the middle of choosing colors for a house, and man it's tough. The worst part is you won't know what the colors will look like until its too late. Sherwin Williams does have an app where you can take a picture of the paint on a house and it is supposed to match it, not sure how well that works but it would be worth asking the owner of the house which color you like if you can take some pics of the colors to get a color match, then run it through the SW app and see if they paint your painter used is the same or close to the match.

Sherwin Williams is part of the problem. We chose the colors based on one of their color palates in their Southwest Home pamphlet and the colors on the house don't even match the paint chip. Its not that it looks different when its on the house, the pain chip doesn't match the color so be aware of that when you go in to ask them to color match something

I think at this point it is cheaper to adjust the stucco to match the house and then just change the trim color to make it better. I am not thrilled but we'll figure it out and make it acceptable

Edit to add that he didn't tell me that the stucco he used had a different tint than the Sherwin Williams color we had picked until after the job was completed. This is bull*hit

Last edited by huntsonora; 07/24/14.