Okay, take a deep breath here, and lets go over a few things, best to approach this kind of situation without the steam rolling out of your ears!

First of all, yes, you can paint stucco.

Secondly, if the clapboard on the house was supposed to match the stucco, a painter with any eye, would have/should have have known that it was not going to "dry down" to match, it's not even in the ballpark.

Third issue..
"(Sherwin Williams is part of the problem. We chose the colors based on one of their color palates in their Southwest Home pamphlet and the colors on the house don't even match the paint chip. Its not that it looks different when its on the house, the pain chip doesn't match the color)"

This is something I would discuss directly with the people at SW, assuming you know the store the paint was bought from. I've bought from SW for many years, and they have always done right by me. If you can show them that the paint they mixed for you does not match their color chip, I'd have a hard time believing they wont make it right. No paint company I know of will stand the labor costs, but on the occasions I've had an actual paint problem, the company will often stand the cost of replacing the paint. Again, my advice is free, so you get what you pay for :), but talk to them with a level head. Let them know that you are unhappy with the end product and why, without blowing a fuse in the store, and see what recourse they might be willing to take. Most companies like SW want good word of mouth advertising, and will work to obtain that, but not so much if someone comes in just complaining without having facts and specifics. (And as a side note to this, are you sure it was actually SW paint? I've seen some contractors buy a can of name brand paint then go get dept. store paint and dump it in the name brand can, it happens.)

Fourth and last for now, sorry to be long winded, talk again to your painter calmly as well, with a specific idea of what you want done, including any monies involved, and get it in writing. One can rant and rave, but it's not the way to start things off and rarely brings the desired results in this type of situation. You can always resort to that later if need be!

Best of luck.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."