Originally Posted by SU35
Just a bit ago I picked up my Forbes 24b in 6.5x55.

Initial impression is I am very impressed with the rifle.

I had Forbes send it to my smith who builds custom rifles and his minimum cost is $3,000 for his builds.

My smith said he could not build a rifle for what I paid for it. Granted the barrel is not from Wisconsin.

Had I not liked the rifle I could have walked away from the deal.
I took it home.

Not to take away from Loco's bad experience as I respect his opinion..

This Forbes rifle is no CLR nor is it any 84L or Ti. It's grades above the mentioned.

The Forbes stock and metal work and overall finish is much superior to the Kimber.

There was a very slight bit of stock roughness (if you can call it that) in the trigger area but my smith said it was a non-factor.
The Forbes comes pillar bedded and ready to shoot. The trigger out of the box is ready to go at 2.5 to 3 lbs.

I love the stock ergonomics. It fits me great. It feels like a full size rifle and I can tell when a scope is mounted I'll be lined up just about perfect.

Brass ejects with a 'snap' ! no problem there.
The bolt opens slightly rough but that is due to the phosphate finish, which is great as corrosion resistant finish. It will smooth out over time. Not a big deal at all to me.

Weight was 5 lbs 11 oz. maybe due to the smaller bore. (Not as light as my 260 and 270 Ti's)

So, my initial impression is excellent.

Having a hard time deciding which scope to mount.
Thinking 6x42 with an M1 on top.

The rifle has a 1/8 twist and I have some 140 Berger's to send down range. I hope it shoots................and if it does shoot, I can see myself ordering another one of these in 35 Whelen.

Start your own thread.....don't pull this one down. smile