Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by BloodGroove4570
I haven't seen any other's yet, and I Hope I Don't ride the same wave a RL had to!!!!

BloodGroove4570

If you get a bad one, remember you volunteered for it.

P

Well its been awhile but I thought I'd get back here to update on my 20B / 308..
I picked it up in sept/oct and mounted up a Leupold 1.75-6x33 in the Talley rings supplied with rifle. It weighs in at about 5.7#'s empty. I had it to the range twice before deer season to have it ready best as possible to hunt with. I only had 2 types of factory ammo ( Rem 150gr PSP CL's and 150gr Fed blue box) I also loaded up some 150gr BT's over imr-4064 and 130gr TTSX over Varget. The rifle is just scary accurate with all of these loads. Now they have different POI but that's to be expected. I settled on the 130 TTSX with Varget (forget specifics right now on load w/o lookin at load book) but it shoots a ragged hole @ 150yds when I'm steady and on my game. The rifle is pretty sweet IMO and I am happy to have gotten it and a good one to boot.

The Only issue I have to figure out is with extraction. Factory loads are fine, no problems. My handloads give me sticky extraction unless I'm at the very starting load weight..? I'm getting no pressure signs like cratered/flattened primers, but they like to stick in the chamber once I start to climb above starting charge weight. Now I was kinda rushing my time at getting things ready for huntin season, but by NO means do I EVER rush while handloading. I weigh each & EVERY charge and take my time during building my loads up so I get good Safe ammo. I know a chrony would help but I just haven't gotten the funds for one yet... frown I was thinking of getting a Forster bench rest FL sizer to maybe help in this area of resizing fired cases. IIRC the Forbes is supposed to have a match chamber.?.?.?

Anyways, I LOVE the rifle and its mighty fine totin in the deer woods. I didn't get my deer this year with the Forbes rifle ( Got 1 in shotgun territory with the 44 handgun, Go Figure crazy ) but I really do like the rifle and it shoots and carries Excellent!!!!

I hope the best to any & all future and past buyers.... cool
Be Safe & Shoot STR8....

BloodGroove4570

Molon Labe!!!

Droppin' Lead, Throwin' Lead, Ballistic Scientist!!! wink