Originally Posted by tedthorn

I agree with most of this but 6 shots?

You either watch way too much tv and/or haven't a clue about shooting to stop a mortal physical threat in a combat setting or are just innately stupid.

I have a friend who was a police officer that walked in on an armed robbery at a gas station in 1979.

The perp was a kid tanked up on PCP who turned and shot my friend thru the right leg with a sawed off shotgun.

Though grievously wounded he returned fire and hit the shooter six times with a .357. One round hit the arm and the rest went center mass thru the heart lung area.

It never even slowed this boy down as he ran out the door.

In the parking lot the fellow that was with my friend that day engaged the perp. He hit him center mass 7 times with 230 grain hardball from a 1911. The kid was still trying to reload the shotgun when the officer changed magazines in the 1911 and shot him three times in the head killing him.

It took 16 total rounds, all hits to the vital areas, to stop a boy that wouldn't weigh 125 lbs soaking wet because he was so tanked up on drugs and adrenaline.

My friend's career as a police officer ended that day and every day since he gets to put on and wear a big specially made boot with a brace built into it so he can walk.

But, by your standard I guess they used excessive force.

The officer in MO that took on a 300 lb pavement ape who was probably also tanked up on something did very well with having to use only six rounds.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 08/19/14.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.