Originally Posted by reelman
None of us know what really happened when he shot the other man. I tend to believe that it was s justifiable shooting but none of can be sure of that can we? How would you feel if evidence came out that he did indeed shoot the guy just because he was black (I don't believe that I'm just saying) and you now gave money to a murder's defense fund? Let's do what we are all asking the protestors to do and sit back and wait for the facts before making any judgments.

I am not sure the truth can come out and even if it does, I suspect at least one side will refute it.
Whether or not the shooting was legally justified or not, I don�t have any sympathy for the perp.; its just one hoot rat less by all accounts.

That said, on principle, I do believe the Officer should be investigated and either exonerated, or prosecuted, depending where the evidence leads.

But therein lies the problem, as I don�t know if majority of the so called evidence will be factual and impartial. Even the forensic evidence looks less than conclusive.

Years ago, the majority of society would have given the Police officer concerned the benefit of the doubt, but today, loss of trust in the Police, local and national Government means that�s no longer the case.