Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Why shouldn't the police have been proactive??? They may have had no legal option to do otherwise...

Are you suggesting it would have been illegal for the City Attorney and/or police chief to have notified McCorporate of a potential liability and safety issue on their property?

I never even came close to suggesting such...Why should the city attorney feel the need to contact Micky D's & any issues of liability? More govt. intrusion? Did you change your sig line yet?

Oh well, so much for protect and serve. Just seemed like a logical thing for the powers that be to try and be pro-active. Like I said, I'm naive.

Sending a correspondence informing McCorporate of a potential liability is a language McD's would understand, and would likely have given them pause, if not completely ended this "event center" altogether. By foisting the burden back on them, they know they'll be more liable than ever for having known and done nothing to mitigate. Again, just my naivety.

Just let the apes run loose till somebody dies, then

Can't speak for Texas. But here we can't just go shutting down private businesses. We have to be called for a complaint first, or the mob would have to be spilling over onto public property., even then all we could do is disperse the crowd. That said, they very well could be above the occupancy rating and then code enforcement could shut it down.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell