Originally Posted by RinB
OMG
1. The 7x57 will easily move a 175 at 2600.
2. There is a lot of misinformation about muzzle energy and cartridge minimums in Namibia. The game ranches own the game and manage it. You can use darn near anything if you can shoot well.
3. A 375 will work if shot well but that amount of power is not needed if one can shoot well.

RinB:

Ref comment 1 above - I agree. What I was attempting to do was provide the OP with an easily referenced on-line source to compare the two calibers he was asking about. The current Hodgdons web site doesn't list a 175gr bullet for the 7x57 and it also doesn't list any of the 350gr bullets available for the 375 either.

Ref comment 3 above - I agree again and this is why I mentioned/asked if the OP was currently a reloader or would contemplate getting into reloading to maximize the potential up-loading as well as downloading for both.

Ref comment 2 above - I believe you are in error regarding the Namibian muzzle energy and caliber minimums for Namibia. Both have been established by Namibian Conservation Ordinance 4 of 1975 pg 36. and is still the current law. It also establishes the game "ownership" and surrounding hunting controls for game animals. It has only been amended one time (1996) but mostly changed govt administrative procedures, the hunting laws are still the same.

Here is a link to the Namibian MET web site Nambian MET Look down under the "Acts" section and look for "Nature Conservation Ordinance 4 of 1975" and just below that is the 1996 Amendment.

The extracted data is:
� Smallest caliber allowed 7 mm (.284).
� Minimum energy (Eo - muzzle velocity)
� Big Game 5400 Joule (Elephant, Cape Buffalo, Rhino, Lion, etc.)
� Large Game 2700 Joule (Greater Kudu, Cape Eland, Oryx / Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Hartmann's Zebra, Burchell's Zebra, Giraffe, Sable Antelope, Roan Antelope, Waterbuck, Tsessebe, Leopard, etc.)
� Medium to Small Game 1350 Joule (Springbok, Impala, Blesbok, Gray Duiker, Steenbok, Ostrich, Caracal, Black-Faced Impala, Red Lechwe, Damara Dik-Dik, Klipspringer, Black-Backed Jackal, Warthog, Cheetah, Nyala, Chacma Baboon, Game Birds, etc.)

I've taken the liberty to attached some file pages that have what I believe are the current caliber/MO minimums for several African countries. If any of this info is incorrect and someone can provide the actual source document/regulation I'll be happy to update the listing accordingly.

Attached Images
Rifle Minimums0001.png (41.42 KB, 74 downloads)
Rifle Minimums0002.png (56.96 KB, 57 downloads)
Rifle Minimums0003.png (23.22 KB, 427 downloads)