Originally Posted by M3taco
Mule Deer:

Do not have any personal knowledge of any such case that I can provide a name, date and details of. No more so than someone can claim there has never been any such prosecution be it locally within a given country or back in the US under Lacy - trying to prove a negative.

My only point is that the laws, agree with them or not, are on the books. Every hunter/client and PH/Outfitter has the right to choose to comply or not - it is their free choice to do so. As is commonly said, "ignorance of the law is no excuse" when/if someone gets caught.

Hope everyone chooses wisely but it all comes down to personal choice, personal hunting ethics and a willingness to accept the consequences for a poor choice - as remotely possible as they may seem to be.

Personal knowledge of any such case that I can provide a name, date and details of;
I'm confused. Does this mean you've never heard of any such case or you don't have the name to the case?
As to ethics, if your PH is handing you a .243 after stumbling on a 60+" kudu or have a bongo 20 yards in front; you're not going to take that shot because you're holding a 243?
I would bet theres 1/2 dozen guys here that'd run them down with a dull knife much less a smaller caliber.

To the OP, I'd ask my PH which he has more ammo of and go with that, just in case the airlines perform their magic. Personally prefer the 375 H&H.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.