Originally Posted by M3taco

Personally, eight trips to Namibia with the ninth planned for next year, all PG so far, and hoping to time things right if a PAC ele comes up - keep a bag packed for a short notice trip if my PH friend gets the green-light on one. We've used, 308 Win, 45-70/450 Marlin in lever and custom bolts in both, 375 H&H and 375 Ruger and once with 458 Win Mag. We (wife and I) have migrated to the 375 Ruger in the Alaskan configuration for the main reason outlined above i.e. moderate velocity 250-270gr loads for her keep the recoil level where she can shoot it all day at the range and I load some 235 TSX at 3000fps for long range baboons in the mountains and 270gr for everything else and a few max load 300gr solids for both of us just in case we get into trouble with ele in the area we hunt.

Whatever you show up with for caliber with Mike's friend, don't show up with a Blaser like I did.....I doubt I'd be welcomed back, even though mine went bang when I pulled the trigger. (Except when I forgot to chamber a round, DUH! LOL)