Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

OTOH, it was very fortunate for the fictional tank crew of "Fury" that the very last Jerries they run into in the movie were apparently from a little-known SS "Retard" division grin

A pity, since the earlier combats were so well done.

That was really my only complaint about the whole movie.

I could nit pick the Germans' choice of defensive positions in the AT gun ambush where the tanks attack across the open field but that would be a small nit.

But the final battle was for plot only. A single stalled tank, buttoned up, no infantry support, both cover and concealment in close proximity and apparently nightfall was about 5 minutes away - that's as blind as a tank can be.

I would have detailed two squads to destroy it, maybe only one. Either wait for full darkness or just lob a few mortar rounds of smoke around the tank to hide your movement, flank it, put a couple of panzerfausts in the side then continue to march. The way they attacked it was...well, I hate spoilers so I won't say. wink

But overall the depiction of the men was good - their complete immersion in cold hearted, mechanical killing.

It's definitely worth the price of admission, I'm thinking of going back on "cheap Tuesday" night to see it again.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!