Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by DesertSandman
Did you fellers know Brad Pitt bought a T-54 Russian tank in Hungary, and had it shipped to his&Angelina's estate in socal.

With all the military restoration buffs here in USA, he could have bought American made for what that cost him, me thinks.

It's actually fairly cheap to buy an old Soviet tank in Europe - like $50 grand. I would imagine the transportation cost would be a bit spendy.

A quick Google search shows a T54 with non-operational gun for sale in California for $85 grand, and a couple Shermans located in the US for $310,000 and $495,000. Also a Sherman for $275,000 with free delivery anywhere in the lower 48.

If I had the dough, one of those would be a much more fun toy than any stupid Ferrari.

yeah the russian stuff is cheap compared to the US cause everyone wants the US stuff....not that Pitt couldnt affors the American stuff....hell im fascinated by the German armor far more than the American....its his money what the hell, ild love to have a russian tank to just cause grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books