Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by rattler
if you want to email them to [email protected] ill host them on my photobucket and get them up

Thanks, rattler! I'm going to send you some asap.

hopefully i do this right for local_dirt...sorry for any odd spacing im copying directly from my email

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

27 - View of the path taken by the tank. Here you can see the

recessed house, (now a store) hiding the panzerfaust shooter. The sniper was in the three story building top right window for better observation of any escape attempt from the tank ambush. Dad (Smitty), blown up, no hearing, ran back up this street, with the sniper firing at him. Thankfully, Germany's worst sniper was shooting at Dad. (Naah, Just God looking after Smitty). The current white line (traffic control) marks the site of the tank's destruction. Note the German woman---

Same as 13 April, 1945 except that one was sweeping the steps a few feet closer to the camera.
[Linked Image]

View from the tank's approach to the ambush site before being hit.

Smitty at the site of the German woman who jumped inside the house and

the panzerfaust gunner fired on the tank. Note in the picture, the steps from the building up the street from the shooting would have required the tank to swerve to the left just before being hit, this would have gotten the tank a few feet farther away from the shooter and less likely to self injury to the shooter.
[Linked Image]

Current road signs at the site of the tank being hit... The tank

was coming down Hirschgasse Deer Lane, or Deer
Path

[Linked Image]

Smitty standing in the tank's route as it came down the hill

toward Dad�s ambush site. From this view, from the tank commander, you cannot see the recessed building from which the anti-tank shooter emerged. The German woman sweeping the sidewalk would have come into view as the tank went down this narrow street. Note that the street is so narrow, the tank cannot swing around its main gun.

[Linked Image]

Smitty at site of tank being hit. Good view of the Sniper Building

and the recession of the Nazi tank killer.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/alb...%20photos/MVC-031S_zps7ceb66a5.jpg[/img]

View of where the tank would have been coming down the street.

White line (traffic warning) is the location of where the tank was hit. By

this photo the tank came from the left (end of the street) and turned

right down the street in the vicinity of where the car is in the picture

up the street to the left side of the street.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/alb...%20photos/MVC-032S_zpse7b7ed38.jpg[/img]

Closeup view of the cobblestones at the location of the steps from

which the street sweeper and the shooter operated. At that time (1945)

this building
was a private residence. Now, it is a store. You can
see

the different stones, now versus then. The steps would have come directly into the street. You can see where they would have been before

renovation at some later date.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/alb...%20photos/MVC-033S_zps4d53e376.jpg[/img]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books