Originally Posted by chlinstructor
My nephew got to take ride in the last flying B-29 this weekend on a deal put on by the Confederate Airforce Event in Waco, TX. I think it cost him around $500 bucks. He got to set in one of the gun turrets and said it was worth every penny. I'm envious!

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
My nephew got to take ride in the last flying B-29 this weekend on a deal put on by the Confederate Airforce Event in Waco, TX. I think it cost him around $500 bucks. He got to set in one of the gun turrets and said it was worth every penny. I'm envious!

CHL, That is awesome! I would definitely be down for that!
When I lived in St Pete, FL, the Confederate Air Force visit was one of the neatest events of the downtown area. They'd fly into Albert Whitted airport and put on a great show. The airport is right on the waters of Tampa Bay. Saw a lot of awesome planes at this show in years past, including A10's doing mock mock gun run maneuvers. I would not want to be on the wrong end of one of these.

Am I wrong, or was the Confederate Air Force forced to rename itself to a more politically correct Commemorative Air Force? I can't find any current information about the Confederate Air Force. (Ahhh, Yes. Never mind. I just answered my own question). If so, why don't we all just pull all our teeth and start sifting plankton.

Call me crazy, but are we now relegated to remembering only one bully group's version of history at this point in our country's storied evolution? I just don't get it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH