Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by KFWA
I find it hard to believe that evangelicals are states rights people.

I bet you won't have to go too far on here to find several that claim to be evangelicals and believe at the federal level for laws supporting their views on abortion, marriage, prayer in school, etc

I'm having a hard time believing evangelicals are states rights people too. There is this thing called the national Republican Party Platform.

The confederacy had a national platform too.

I don't know about a national platform but they had a constitution. But what's that got to do with anything?

The national Republican Party platform is evangelical driven, not Pagan or libertarian driven.

It's less and less evangelically driven. As a matter of fact many of us feel that the Republican party has become hostile to us. Thus why we are leaving them more and more, just like krp stated. Just like why I left them.

That said, a National Platform define's the party as a whole right down to your local level. While things like defending traditional marriage is a part of that platform, so is defending the 10th amendment.

Defending traditional marriage has always been a 10th amendment thing for evangelicals.

We believe that the first, second, and tenth amendments are the only things protecting our (evangelical) way of life.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.