Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by KFWA
I guess the whole point of this discussion is

can the GOP win with its current configuration?

some people will give you a resounding yes pointing to just a couple of percentage point changes in one state or another and Obama wouldn't have won his second term, or maybe they'll take solace in the GOP winning the mid terms

I just happen to believe that the GOP will not win the white house because there are too many people out there that will vote against a GOP platform until a GOP candidate specifically spells out they aren't going to push morality or cut social programs.

Now some folks may say "what's the point of being a republican then" and there is some truth to that but I don't see a path to the white house for a republican unless that changes.

Some people dog the libertarians for supporting a guy they know will lose based on priciple, and to be honest, I don't see much difference in the republicans at this point.

5% points or 45% points - a loss is still a loss.

I think a candidate that is evangelical and constitutional, extolling the 10th amendment, would be very very effective.

I think Obama would have to be a serious boat anchor to Hillary like Bush was to McCain.

And if things remain status quo - Hillary will come in on a stabilized economy with unemployment below 5.7%, gas prices tolerable and people able to get loans on cars and houses again.

Its going to be a tough fight for Republicans to stand up and say we won't repeat the Bush years.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings