Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Actually in tractors the older the better..

A lot of the old timers, including my dad, used to say that. Unsurprisingly they always seemed to be working on broken down junk tractors too. In my dad's case it was me that always got to work on the old junk. When I needed a tractor I bought new, now I just get on it and it starts then I do what needs to be done and get on with the rest of my day instead of turning wrenches.

It all depends upon how much your time is worth to you. Most of the old timers didn't have much to do other than sit in front of a country store and BS so working on broken equipment wasn't a hassle. In my dad's case he had a son that was handy with wrenches (me) that he was perfectly willing to put to work fixing broken equipment. When I got older and my time became my own then it became a lot more valuable to me therefore I don't want anything to do with old equipment. When I get older and retire maybe I'll become one of those old guys that restores old tractors, I have to admit I do like to see the stuff from bygone days all fixed up and running. Right now though I don't want anything to do with old equipment, it breaks too much. Give me the newer stuff any day.