Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'm having tractor envy. That's a heckuva nice rig, RickyBobby.

Is this how this tractor thing starts out? You buy what you think you need and then see one a little bigger and more capable and think, "hey, if I had one like that...." grin

Nah, I can't get caught up in that yet. I've only put 3 hours on my little rig and so far I love it. Like was mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm already finding unusual uses for the FEL. Just last weekend I loaded a large, used double hung window assembly in it and moved it to the more sheltered side of the barn. Beat the heck out of carrying that thing. Was fun, too. grin

My tractor is around 70hp. I wanted something just big enough to handle round bales ... in case I'd ever take interest in making hay or owning a herd of cattle. Seriously doubt I ever do but didn't want the hassle of having to ever go buy a bigger tractor. As far as the cab, I have terrible allergies in spring and summer and it makes it very sweet for mowing during those times of year! Not to mention I can blade snow in dead of winter wearing only a t-shirt. grin My wife likes to sell or rotate out our vehicles every 5 years. So I skipped my turn for a new truck and convinced her to let me buy the tractor. Best decision ever! I have now owned my same truck for 12 years and have had the tractor since 2007. I could care less about getting to drive a new vehicle compared to the oppurtunity of owning such a nice tractor! In the end, we are now all happy!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD