Originally Posted by 12344mag
A block heater that goes into one of the freeze plug holes or directly into the block is best but the one I linked you to is a very good option and uses less energy than a true block heater and will transfer the heat better than a magnetic heater as it is siliconed directly to the oil pan.

You might want to go to your local dealer and find out if the engine is equipped for a block heater as it may be and all you would have to do is remove a plug and install the heater.

Say........you didn't get this tractor to farm Marigawanna and be medical care giver did ya? grin

Hey now, don't you be getting any rumors going. grin Besides, if that's all I was doing I'd just need a quiet corner of the basement, a 20 amp circuit to run my lights and a bunch of TuffR with the reflective coating on one side. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about that deal from my sister's first husband. shocked

I've been doing some reading on tractorbynet.com and there is an optional immersion type block heater available for this rig. I need to do some looking on the engine and find out which freeze plug it replaces and see how difficult an install it would be.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile