Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

I wouldn't put much stock in that towing *test* mentioned no one in the real world drag races their pickup uphill with a loaded trailer

what I want to know is how well the engine lugs in high gear when climbing a hill at highway speed , or maybe if you drop one gear or 2 on a real big hill

having been around a number of 6 liter Chevys I can say they suck in that respect , even on a modest hill with a 4 horse trailer you will be in second gear with the motor screaming at five grand

supposedly the 6.2 Ford likes a lot of rpm s too

Did you watch the test? It wasn't much of a drag race as the big Hemi wouldn't get out of first gear. So...how well does it lug? Not well. I agree a screaming high rpm engine is no fun to drive up a hill, but the Ram wouldn't even give you the option, it was stuck in first at 30 mph or a bit less up the entire hill. If the Chevy 6 liters suck, than the big Hemi sucks more.

It's a pisser as I want to like the 6.4 Hemi. I've never owned a 6 liter chevy and probably won't, so I'm not sure what's left on the gas front. Maybe they will figure out the right gear ratios for the Hemi in the future.