Originally Posted by Mossy
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Ackman
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The urea schit will keep me from ever buying a new diesel anything.

I don't want emissions crap on mine, but urea isn't a bad thing. Diesels are big in European sedans and for years they've had urea systems. Dodge/Cummins didn't have urea and had to pass emissions by going into the tuning map, that's why they were down on power compared to the others. Urea cleans the exhaust after it's left the engine and he tune can be left where it should be for power. It's a good thing. But nobody's forcing anyone to like it.

Might not be being force to like it, but being forced to have it on any new truck you buy. One more phoucing thing to go wrong, one more thing to make sure you have topped off or else you are SOL. I'm not a fan of this any more than I am of the [bleep] traction control they put on them.

If you run out of DEF,you're an idiot. At 1000 miles remaining you start getting a warning to dump more in. Its about as difficult as adding windshield washer fluid.

Traction control is defeated with a push of a button.

Exactly......when the truck is serviced it gets DEF, big deal. If the warning goes on before that, you add some. Doesn't take a genius to do that. Same with a traction control button.