Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If you both believe that traction control is "defeated" with the push of a button you're either retarded, or clueless. It's effect is lessened with the push of a button, but it doesn't go away.

It is defeat able, at least on my truck, but in 4WD only. Have to hold the button down for 5 seconds and then it will show "ESC Disabled" on the dash. We were climbing up steep snow covered washes yesterday and it works as advertised. 4WD HIGH with ESC disabled allowed sufficient speed to get through the snow drifts.

I can only go off my own personal experience. My own personal 2012 Power Wagon, and numerous GM vehicles I've driven (tahoes and 2500s) it absolutely does not turn off. The message comes on saying it has been, but it's bullschit.

I hear you, but holding the button in mine until the message displays ( not just the idiot light) seemed to do it, judging by the rooster tails and crap flying everywhere behind me. Had to nail WOT a few times to get enough speed up to get through the drifts. My inter cooler and Trans cooler were pretty packed with snow afterward so I'm guessing the drifts were 2 feet plus deep.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12