Originally Posted by krp
Just two generations ago, my grandparents, they survived and prospered. Are we so pussified it can't be done again.

My grandmother drove mule teams, a model A across railroad ties laid in the sand dunes for a road and later a Cadillac.

There will always be some that can tough it out.

Kent

That nails it. Aside from natural disasters, the BIG,BAD, events in our history were Not of the sort an individual could have foreseen and prepared for.

As a kid growing up, we lived in old houses out in the country that were generally not even considered good enough to rent out. I saw my Aunt and Uncle transform them into livable habitat with whatever was available and free.

And we never really went hungry. The Old Man was a working fool at whatever task was in front of him, and even though he was illiterate, SOMEONE always was willing to pay him to do something they needed done whenever the drilling rigs were stacked.

So I learned the important life lessons from a man who couldn't read and write.

The ones who already know those lessons and can impart them to their extended family will be among the most fortunate in a S HTF scenario.

Those who guessed wrong as to the nature of the catastrophe, and have cut themselves off from society will not fare so well.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place