leomort, I was in love with guns, shooting, and hunting since probably before 5 years old. Somewhere around that time we were visiting my uncle, and I watched him do some handloading. Bought my first centerfire ( Win. Model 88 in .308 Win.)at 14. Within months I bought the old Lee Loader($9.95 I think) and started loading.First centerfire handgun(S&W Model 28) at 16. At around age 20 started casting bullets for the Model 28.I'scrounged" wheel weights, a friend gave me a bunch of 38 Special brass,and I was shooting light-load 38's cheaper than I could get 22 LR's.Then started casting bullets for the Model 88 soon after. I shot turtles,snakes and armodillos during the summer, then on to squirrels and rabbits in fall, transitioned to jacketed bullets for winter deer hunting. I don't load,shoot,or hunt as much as I'd like, but still do some as time permits. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024