I had a misguided youth apparently compared to most of you guys I guess! I had no family that hunted or fished and all of my family were city folks! Once we moved to the country, I was exposed to REAL PEOPLE that realized all meat isn't grown in the back of a grocery store! lol

I quickly got a single shot shotgun and a 22 rimfire for all my fun and hunting! Never had a need for a centerfire. deer hunting was shotgun only at that time in my neck of the woods.

Then once I graduated high school I kinda quit hunting and fishing for many decades and replaced it with chasing women and parties! I wish I could remember most of those days!

A few decades went by and I've always heard that "When wine, women and song get to be too much, quit singing!" SO I quit singing! It didn't help me much but all my friends appreciated it! AND women! Well ya can't live with em and ya can't kill em! SO I finally gave up chasing all of it and wouldn't ya know my interest in hunting and fishing returned big time!

I bought my first centerfire rifle in the early 90's and quickly realized that all ammo shot to a different POI! Then I ran into a benchrest guy who told me that with little effort I could produce better ammo than factory and could tune the loads for each rifle! I was hooked! I have to admit, I love loading every bit as much as shooting!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)