Originally Posted by leomort
You guys who are loadng mutiple chambering/cartridges got to let me in on your secret! How do you handle the logistcs with components?

I mean I have 223rem and 308Win, so I try to fid common poweders to use in both,ie Varget, H-4895, IMR-4064, Blc-2. I can also buy once fired lak city brass for both cartridges which helps save some $$$. The 308win's modest velocity performs nicel with cup-n-core bulets which are aslo cheap.

A fringe benefit in picking 45acp and 44mag as my handgun rounds is that I can use the same large pistol primers for both, WLP. Pluse both calibers can handl lead bullets fairly well which als help keep cost down vs jacket bulets. I may even expand into casting my own lea bullets once I get more involved into reloading.

Haven't had chance to replace my shotgun since my divorce, but may get there eventually.

Leo

I tried the common powders thing.

It didn't work so great.

I buy enough powder to last, IE an 8 pounder of the best powder for each round/load choice.

I still buy 8 pounders of common powders to cover a range of issues, simply as a backup. Like Unique, H110,4350 and 4831. They may only get used in a pinch.

But the years I tried to get to the fewest powders I ended up sacracifing in some places but ok in others. In the end it wasn't worth the hassle vs just buying what works.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....